Thursday, December 29, 2016

Stencilled Ombre' Tonic Wishes Duo


Almost time to wish everyone a Happy New Year!  I made a couple cards using Tonic Studios dies and stencils and Nuvo Moonstone Glimmer Paste and am happy to share how I achieved the glittery ombre' look. Here is a close up and some pictures of the process: 







I sponged on several colors of blue distress ink through the openings in Tonic's Splayed Feathers Stencil (1480e). After cleaning off the stencil, I applied Nuvo's Moonstone Glimmer Paste over the ombre' blues. The result is a beautiful sparkly textured accent for my New Year's card. I added some stars die cut out of silver mirror card with Tonic's Mini Wreath Decorations (1384e) and the year 2017 die cut from the Advent Treat Squeeze Box Die Set (621e). I also created a different kind of celebration card with the same technique:




I changed the alignment of my birthday card and added the Birthday Wishes Miniature Moments sentiment and some die cut and punched stars out of silver mirror card

Hope you have a healthy and happy 2017!

4 comments:

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous cards Karen, both of them are fabulous,love the sparkle and colours. Fab photo editing too! LOVE it :-)

Wishing you a Very Happy New Year!

thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
luv
Lols x x x

kiwimeskreations said...

What a wonderful card Karen, and thanks for sharing how you achieved the beautiful sparkly results.
Blessings, and may 2017 be kind to you
Maxine

Verna Angerhofer said...

I love these cards. Very fun designs.

Meihsia Liu said...

Love your beautiful creations! The glittery embellishments are gorgeous. Thank you so much for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. :)