Sunday, December 18, 2016

Ugly Christmas Sweater Card With Neglected Punches


I love ugly Christmas sweaters and had one but it fell apart. Until I find another one to wear, I decided I could make one with my punches that have gone unloved for a long time. I make cards all the time with my dies and rarely pull out a punch anymore. But it is easier to punch 4 Christmas trees and 3 stars and 3 snowflakes and a mitten in a pear tree...or on a pocket like here. I found a template on this blog as a starting point and cut the front of the card in red. I embossed it with a new embossing folder by Tim Holtz for Sizzix. I added a plaid collar and button stripe down the middle. My "buttons" are snowflakes (punch by Emagination.) The trees are made with a punch by Fiskars and I decorated them with Nuvo Crystal Drops. The mitten was created with a SU punch on an embossed purple pocket cut to 1 1/2"  by 1 3/4" with rounded corners. The stars were made with a Tonic punch and the poinsettia with a new die from Impression Obsession. The sweater card front is attached to a white top folding A2 card base with a white shirt neckline punched with a 2  1/2" circle punch from Recollections.  I added a few gems to complete my beautiful Ugly Christmas Sweater. It was so fun to make I am going to share with my classes next year in my home.

5 comments:

designbydonna said...

Karen, this is so cute. Yes it would be an ugly Christmas sweater but makes a really fun card. I'm going to pin it o I will remember it next year.

Fikreta said...

very nice card

kiwimeskreations said...

What a fun card Karen. With having Christmas in summer, we don't have ugly Christmas sweaters here :-)
Blessings
Maxine

Crafting with Darcy said...

Oh my gosh! Love this!! I have so many punches and Christmas papers!! What a great idea to make an ugly Christmas sweater card!! Can't wait to try this as I just love yours!! Hope you are staying warm!!
Hugs!
Darcy

Verna Angerhofer said...

This is sure to bring some smiles. I love your ugly sweater and nice way to use punches. I have several and seldom dig them out anymore. You did great though with this design.