Monday, December 5, 2016

Worm Wishes B-earthday Magic Card



I received a special request for birthday cards for very small children and I thought they might like a magic card that comes to life with color when opened. I haven't made one of these in years, but recently purchased a Magic Card Kit from The Paper Cut that gave me all the pieces to easily make them. I stamped the worm on acetate with black Staz-on and sentiment on a bright orange circle using stamps from a set by Paper Smooches. Look at the magic when the blue tab is pulled:

I paper pieced the colorful birthday worm and stamped the perfect sentiment from the same Paper Smooches set. The worm gets stamped on acetate and on the pull out white cardstock in the same place so the magic happens when the tab is pulled. There are many videos available on how to make magic cards like this one. The kits from The Paper Cut makes them so easy because all the cutting and scoring is done. 

I am entering this card in the Anything Goes challenge at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.

3 comments:

Verna Angerhofer said...

Another cute card design!

kiwimeskreations said...

What a fun card Karen, beautifully executed
Blessings
Maxine

debby4000 said...

Fabulous magic card, I've only ever made one a kit sounds fun.
Thank you for joining us at Simon says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.
Luv
Debby