Wednesday, February 15, 2017

Celebrate Your Birthday Pop Up Card

I am continuing on my quest to design with all the new dies, stencils and stamps on my craft room bed before putting them away. The front of this card was created with two part stencils from Die Cuts & More. I sponged Victorian Velvet Distress Ink through one layer and Fired Brick through the second giving the illusion of depth and squares. I rounded the edges and attached to two layers of red Core'dinations Shattered Kraft-Core cardstock. I attached a beautiful "Celebrate" die cut from Tonic Studios to complete the front.


Once again, the best part of the card is the inside where Happy Birthday pops up. It was so easy to make this fun pop up using Karen Burniston's Happy Birthday Pop Up Die. I love how the Happy Birthday has a perfect shadow behind it. I added a few stars and a white layer to write my Happy Birthday message on. Here is a close-up of the HB pop up:



I am entering this card in the "Favorite Tool" challenge at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. I use my Tonic Studios Tangerine die cutting machine everyday and my plates are perfectly flat and cut beautifully.

5 comments:

Fikreta said...

very nice card!

Celeste Goff said...

Great card! Love the background!

Jane Luxem said...

Love the stenciling.

Verna Angerhofer said...

I love the calm look on the outside but when you open it is an explosion of a surprise. Great card idea.

Zoey | Scrapsaurus said...

This card is awesome!!! Love the fact that outside it looks like a "normal" card and then...bam! The inside is tridimensional with the pop up happy birthday sentiment!!!!

Very clever!!!

Thank you for playing along with us over Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge!
x Zoey