Wednesday, August 30, 2017

Spooktacular New Fun Fold


I love love love finding new fun folds! I saw a video and a blogpost explaining how to make this bridge card here and knew I had to try it right away. Sandi made hers with matching Christmas dies in the front and the back, but I wanted to include some new Halloween dies from Tonic Studios and Karen Burniston and this is what I came up with. Here are some more looks so you can see this fun fold: 


I started with an orange cardbase scored and folded following the directions on the video. I attached Tonic Studio's Haunted House in the back of the card. I cut four strips of some Halloween dp I had in my stash for the 4 side panels. I die cut a ghost, a bat and a spooky tree from Karen Burniston's Halloween Elements and Halloween Scene die sets and attached them on the sides as shown. I punched a Halloween fence using an old punch from Martha Stewart, leaving an inch along the bottom for the bridge. I attached a yellow Spooktacular die cut (from Tonic Studios) and another ghost to complete the card. If the die cuts do not stick out (and mine do), this card will fit into an A2 envelope and lay flat as shown here:



I am sharing this card in the Anything Goes challenges at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday and at Scrapy Land.

So fun to play with new fun folds! Thanks for helping me #share the joy of creativity!

7 comments:

Brenda in IN said...

Oh my gosh, I saw the same video and have made two bridge cards! I love yours. It is so cute. I'll post mine too. Great job.

Celeste Goff said...

Wow, what a fabulous card Karen!

Jane Luxem said...

What a fun fold for all my Halloween dies!

Verna Angerhofer said...

Awesome Halloween card. It is indeed Spooktacular!

sarascloset said...

Saw this one, too, and you know I LOVE Halloween! This is so adorable, it's not even scary! I might even go knock on that door for treats! Thank you, too, for sharing at Scrapy Land! Hugs! Sara Emily

Lori Kobular said...

Such a fun Halloween card! I just love making Halloween cards. Love all the details! Thanks for sharing with us at Scrapy Land Challenges!

Mandy said...

Wonderful Halloween card Karen! The spooky scene you've created is so cute.
Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
Mandy xx